We are currently accepting submissions from writers who are based in Philadelphia and love music, art, culture and the community of creators here in our city. We are looking to amplify the voices of the creative community with well thought out, researched, dialed in and savvy writing. We are looking for writers from all backgrounds and those interested in covering the cultural happenings of our city including music, fine arts, dance and theater.
Writers are encouraged to submit pitches on subjects that interest them, but are expected to deliver an article when an assignment has been agreed upon. We are looking for regular contributing writers who have the ability to commit to a few or more articles a month.
Our guidelines include:
- Album Reviews – 500+ words with well thought out commentary and analysis geared towards a readership consisting of music lovers, XPN listeners, readers of other music publications and those well informed about current musical trends. Our aim is for our readership to trust The Philadelphia Globe’s curation and to consider our outlet a cultural tastemaker.
- Track/Single Reviews/Premieres – 200+ words with the same criteria we use for album reviews.
- Features, Interviews and Essays – 1200+ words with the same criteria we use for album and single reviews.
Do you want to have your work featured on the Phila Globe? Have a project that you think would be up our alley? New music that you want to release? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: (your project name) submission – The Philadelphia Globe and include the following:
- A brief bio or an EPK
- Any information you can give us on your project, new release, or upcoming event.
- The reason for your submission – Do you want an album or a song review? To be included in our monthly mixtapes? Do you want press coverage of an upcoming event? Do you just want us to check you out? Please specify.
- Any links to Spotify/Apple/Soundcloud/YouTube etc.
- Links to any past press coverage or a press release
- Links to you social media profiles and website
All submissions can be made either by sending an email to email@example.com or by completing the form below.